This General Tso Chicken is Tso-good you’ll never guess it doesn’t have the sugar Tso many other recipes do! Not to General-ize, but this recipe makes it Tso easy to Postor your way up the chef-ing ranks.
- 6 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup (250 mL) almond flour
- 2 cups (500 mL) crispy pork rinds, ground to a powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (250 mL) no-added-sugar ketchup
- 1/3 cup (60 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) brown erythritol
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) toasted sesame seeds
Salute and shout “Sir, yes, sir!” to get the chicken standing to attention.
Use a fork to give the eggs a stern beating in a bowl and see what they’re made of. A stern beating might seem a bit harsh, but giving them a stern talking-to just won’t deliver the same result.
Combine the almond flour, pork rinds and salt in another bowl as shiny as the General’s shoes.
As part of their initiation, dip each piece of chicken first in the beaten eggs, then in the dry ingredient mix. Now line them up on ceremony (in other words, put them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper).
Make the chicken sweat in the oven at 350 F (180 C) for a strict 29 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat all the other ingredients, except for the sesame seeds, in a frying pan.
Grab a whisk, shout “Charge!” and declare war on the sauce.
When you’ve defeated the enemy, allow it to simmer for 6 minutes over medium heat.
Rescue the chicken from the oven with a pair of oven mitts or combat gloves.
Mix the chicken pieces in to the sauce and coat them in the sesame seeds.
Serve and make a V for Victory sign with your fingers!
Carbs 6 g, Fat 21 g, Protein 18 g
Get your copy of our manuscrit !
Recipes, stories, & more.