This triple chocolate cake is completely sugar free and so good, you’ll be licking your lips for more. It tastes too good to be true, but it is, I pinky promise!
Portions: 8 SLICES
Preparation: 16 MINUTES
Cooking time: 27 MINUTES
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) almond flour
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) brown erythritol
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 chicken’s eggs, pre-laid, shell removed
- 3 tsp (15 mL) coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) caramel extract
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) whipping cream (35% fat)
- For the frosting
- 1/2 lb (225 g) butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) whipping cream (35% fat)
- 1 1/4 cup (300 mL) white erythritol
- For the decoration
- Sugar-free chocolate chips, to taste
- Powdered white erithrytol, to taste
It’s vitally important to be in a room at room temperature before you begin this recipe.
Swagger over to your oven and with a swift left hook of your right fist, jab it up to 350 F (180 C) and hit the Start button.
Add all the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir well.
In another mixing bowl that looks just like the first one but isn’t, mix the eggs, coconut oil, caramel extract and cream with an electric mixer you have not forgotten to plug in.
Combine the contents of both bowls and mix with a spatula (not a turntable, this isn’t that kind of mixing).
Grease the bottom of an 8” cake tin with butter. If centimetres (attention, not centipedes) are more your thing, a 20 cm tin will do the trick.
Pour the mixture into the cake tin and send it into the oven for a good baking. That should take about 27 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the frosting. If you have a bib handy, now’s the time to put it on, because you’ll be drooling like a baby over the bowl.
Put all the frosting ingredients in a bowl and mix well with a hand mixer, trying not to add any drool to the mix.
Leave the cake to cool when you pull it out of the oven, then spread a generous layer of frosting all over it.
Lay it on thick (you might as well!) with a sprinkling of chocolate chips and a dusting of powdered erithrytol. Mmmm!
Serve with tears of pure, guilt-free joy.
Carbs 3g, Fat 16g Protein 8g
Get your copy of our manuscrit !
Recipes, stories, & more.