This tender tuna in a Montreal steak spice crust with a side of keto-friendly dipping sauce is one real classy catch. There’s nothing fancy about the prep, but this upper crust dish is the real deal and is sure to impress your date, even if you’re dining solo.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 4 minutes
- For the tuna:
- 1 large bluefin tuna steak
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Montreal steak spice
- Avocado oil for pan-frying
- For the sauce:
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) keto-friendly soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lime juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sambal oelek
- 1 tsp (5 mL) toasted sesame oil
- For the salad:
- 2 cups (500 mL) beansprouts
- 1 cup (250 mL) spinach, shredded
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) avocado oil
- Salt and peppe
Mix the sesame seeds and Montreal steak spice in an eggcup, a small bowl or a traffic cone.
Slice the tuna in half lengthwise.
Roll the tuna in the spice mix.
Add the avocado oil to a pan over medium heat and sear the tuna steak strips for 1 minute on each side.
Stir together the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
Toss together the ingredients for the salad and set aside.
Thinly slice the tuna and serve on a bed of salad with a side of sauce.
Get your copy of our manuscrit !
Recipes, stories, & more.